Dog Friendly Breaks
Rest assured that you can expect the same high standards of service and quality in our pet-friendly rooms as you can throughout the hotel and we’ll do all that we can to ensure everyone’s creature comforts are more than satisfied.
For the comfort of your fellow guests, yourself and your dog, we politely ask all dog owners to follow our guidelines on dogs at Doxford during your stay.
Please let our Reservations team know when booking your room that you will be bringing a dog – we cannot guarantee that we will have a suitable room for you without advanced notice.
Our Dog Policy
- We welcome well behaved and fully trained pets at Doxford Hall.
- We have a limited number of designated dog friendly rooms and can accommodate up to two small dogs or one larger breed to stay in
- A fee of £15 per dog, per night is charged for your pet to stay at Doxford Hall.
- Please refrain from allowing your dog to sit or lie on the hotel furnishings; any additional cost for deep-cleaning, repair and replacement of damaged facilities caused by your pet will be charged to you as the pet owner.
- For the comfort of other guests, we ask that you keep your dog on a lead and under control at all times.
- It is expected that you may leave your dog in your bedroom while you dine in the Restaurant. However, please do not leave your dog unattended for long periods of time or leave the hotel without your dog.
- For the safety and comfort of your pet and our staff, Housekeeping will only service your bedroom if it is vacant. Please use the ‘do not
disturb’ door hanger provided in your welcome pack to indicate when your room is empty.
- Dogs are welcome to join you in the Library providing that they are on a lead and are well-behaved. We ask that you consider other guests in this area. Dogs are not allowed into any of the other lounges, the bar or the George Runciman Restaurant.
- Please clean up after your pet at all times. We have a stock of spare dog poo bags available from Reception should you require them, and waste bins are located in the hotel grounds.
- We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to excessive barking, biting etc. You will be responsible for all charges relating to the removal of your pet including transportation and kennel charges.
- Should there be any damage within the hotel premises we will be entitled to recover the cost of repair or replacement of any damages or loss of revenue.